GE Dishwasher leaks oil - front door panel

Old 01-13-06, 12:00 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Dishwasher leaks oil - front door panel

This 5 year old GE Profile sometimes leaks oil, sometimes leaks rinse aid. It cleans fine and the soap door is opening. What could be wrong?

Old 01-13-06, 04:23 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
worn seal on the dispenser,,, as for oil there is only 2 small sealed bearings on motor no oil

Old 01-13-06, 07:20 PM
C
Thank you

As I am new to doityourself.com, what are my next steps to repairing this problem? Is there somewhere I can go to look up how to repair worn seal for dispenser?
What is the yellow/orange liquid that is leaking out? Only twice and it was small amounts - maybe a tablespoon.

Old 01-13-06, 08:38 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If its coming fromm door just old detergent and rinse aide.... sears.com/parts for a pic and parts listing.. just have to put in model number...

Old 01-14-06, 05:13 AM
J
leaks

i bet you need a new dispenser

Old 01-20-06, 04:29 AM
M
door

Sometimes the door just doesn't close fully. There are two brackets that attach the dishwasher to the countertop. If one of the screws to these brackets are loose, it can keep the door from closing tightly, and it appears the door is fully closed. Check this. Otherwise, there is usually a replacable seal around the door. It would have to be ordered from most appliance parts store, because they don't typically wear out. Usually, its a problem like the one mentioned above.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: