Maytag Dishwasher - Horrible Screeching Sound!

Old 01-19-06, 06:35 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag Dishwasher - Horrible Screeching Sound!

So, we recently moved into a new house and have inherited a fairly new Maytag Dishwasher (JetClean II?). When I start a wash cycle, the tub fills with water as expected but as soon as the actual washing begins, there is a horribly loud screeching sound coming from the bottom of the washer. I'm sure that there are no utensils or anything stuck in the way of the blades and the sound happens whether the racks are full of dishes or not. If I use just the Rinse cycle, the same thing happens. After quickly opening the door during the cycle, I can tell that the blades are spinning and washing the dishes as expected but that noise is just awful and I don't want to continue with teh cylce until it stops. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Old 01-20-06, 04:12 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Could be something in the pump area....

Old 01-21-06, 07:53 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whats the model of the dishwasher and approx age?

Old 01-26-06, 05:07 PM
gtofan
Visiting Guest
I have a similar problem. The dishwasher is about 4-5 years old and is a Quiet Series 100 Maytag. I located some tpye of sensor/relay on the bottom of the unit. It appears to be in line with the water supply since when I took it out to inspect water poored out the bottom until the water supply was shut off. I have be unable to locate the part online as I do not have the exact model number of the dishwasher and cannot find an exploded view. It either has to do with water level or temp(guessing). Since this has started the diswasher has not done a good job of cleaning. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Old 01-26-06, 06:32 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
GTOFAN

what you took of was most likely the water level switch assy... the model number should be a tag on side of door or front inside edge in dishwasher

Old 01-26-06, 08:00 PM
gtofan
Visiting Guest
blaster,

Thanks for the reply. The only tags are operation info stickers. I would have thought it would be on the door also. I really don't want to pull it out. The only thing I have that is close to a model # is on the manual and it says MDB-3.
Thanks again.

Old 02-01-06, 07:17 AM
gtofan
Visiting Guest
I replaced the turbidity sensor and the unit still makes this, more like a ticking noise. It only seems to do it at the beginning and end of the complete cycle. When it fills up and drains and you can kind of feel the clicking coming from the wash motor area. I have thought about taking the motor out and testing it but was looking for other possible ideas if there are any.

Thanks
Keith

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: