Maytag SidexSide not running

Old 02-02-06, 06:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Maytag SidexSide not running

My MIL's Maytag sidexside is not running. This does not appear to be a compressor problem. Nothing is running(motor,fans,nothing) except the lights. She can get water from the door. With the water in the door and the lights working I am assuming it is getting power but it seems that the motor and other components are not. Any idea what might be wrong and where I should start looking? The unit is 4 years old. Model number MSD2756AE.
Thanks in advance.

Old 02-03-06, 05:56 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not running.

Well this is pretty much just going to be a somewhat educated guess. There are several things you could possibly be having a problem with. With the age of the refrigerator and the exp I have had on those units at that age. It's generally the adaptive defrost board located in the refrigerator side inside of the housing of the ceiling. Go to www.sears.com and click parts section and enter your model# and click on the controls and click view diagram and #13 pt#61005988 is your adc board. This will also help you figure out how to unsnap the pieces to that upper housing which is no picnic. I'd be interested to see what other people have to say about it, but at least that's a start for you. Good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: