Maytag washer making noise on spin cycle

Old 02-14-06, 06:26 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Maytag washer making noise on spin cycle

During the spin cycle this thing sounds like a diesel train coming. It starts low and gets significantly louder as rpms increase. The machine is 2 years old. What's wrong with it and do you think it's worth a repair (replacement is $500). It's a top loader.

Old 02-14-06, 08:36 AM
G
whats the model number?

Old 02-14-06, 09:15 AM
You MAY have worn damper pads. The bearing assembly rides on these pads and the noise is caused by worn pads. Good luck.

Maytag makes a few different models so the numbers would be a big help.

Old 03-21-06, 04:10 PM
J
Ok, I have a Maytag A412, S4 that just started to rumble on spin. The damper pads seemed to be the culprit and I bought a replacement set. Trouble is, the existing pads seem to be a REAL PAIN to get off!! These things are almost merged with the base. So, any secrets to getting the old pads off?? I'm almost thinking I need to totally disassemble the washer - the replace instructions are simply 'scape off pads', yeah right!!! I'd sure the guy who wrote these instructions never did it - LOL! Please, any help is appreciated!

Any advice?

Last edited by jabbermacy; 03-22-06 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-28-06, 04:50 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Lately have been installing tub seal/bearing kit on the old and new maytags... seal fails and water get into the upper bearing... every one that I came across with the roaring spin sound that was the problem...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: