Whirlpool Washer will no agitate or spin - HELP

Old 02-25-06, 09:36 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Whirlpool Washer will not agitate or spin - HELP

Hi,

I have a Whirlpool washer model #LXR7144EQ2, heavy duty, 7 cycles. I was using it with no problem, I put a load in and it filled with water. Once it was time for it to start agitating, it made this loud clicking noise. I put it on the spin cycle and same problem. It does drain and fill, but will not spin or agitate. Please help, I would prefer to repair this myself if possible. Thanks!!

Old 02-25-06, 09:47 PM
Y
Unhappy

I think we have the same problem.

Old 02-25-06, 09:54 PM
T
Yes it does, did yours wash but not spin, or did it both of them not work?

Old 02-26-06, 08:43 AM
G
“Once it was time for it to start agitating, it made this loud clicking noise. I put it on the spin cycle and same problem.”

There is a drive coupler that connects the motor to the transmission. That would be the first place to look. Chances are its broken.

“I would prefer to repair this myself if possible.”

It’s possible but don’t try to take the back off this washer. More later…

Old 02-26-06, 02:12 PM
D
Whirlpool & Kenmore washers

To get at & replace coupler you must take the whole shell off of washer. Unplug machine & remove the screws on each corner of the control console on front going down into top of shell. Tilt console up & let it hang over back. Remove the 2 clips on top of shell & unplug lid switch harness. Tilt whole shell towards you & remove. You can now see the pump & motor. Remove clips from pump & pull pump off motor. Remove 2 screws on motor clips, remove clips & take motor off. Half of coupler is on motor & other half is on tranny. Rubber bushing is in between. Either the ears broke off coupler or rubber is rounded out. Part # of coupler is 285852. Whirlpool calls it a coupling. Dave

Old 02-26-06, 04:44 PM
G
Here are a few illustrations that might help.
http://www.american-appliance.com/service_pages/wp_dd_wash/ddwashmotorcoupler.htm

Good Luck.

Old 02-27-06, 05:42 PM
T
Talking

I took my washer apart and it was the coupler, it was broken in half. I have a new one on order! Thanks so much for your help, if it weren't for you, I would have had to pay a lot more for someone to come in and fix it!!!

Old 04-13-06, 06:50 PM
M
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tiffyblue
I took my washer apart and it was the coupler, it was broken in half. I have a new one on order! Thanks so much for your help, if it weren't for you, I would have had to pay a lot more for someone to come in and fix it!!!

Dittto's to that. I had the same problem. the instructions with the photo link are great
thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: