Maytag Dishwasher won't turn on....

Old 02-27-06, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Maytag Dishwasher won't turn on....

Hi all,

We just moved into a house a couple of months ago. Our dishwasher was operating fine until yesterday. The evening before we ran a load with no problems at all. Yesterday after loading it to run, the selector bottoms would not work at all.
All that happens is the Normal Wash button light just blinks repeatedly.
My wife called Maytag today, ofcourse we are out of warranty, they suggested killing power to reset it. I turned off the breaker to it for about an hour today and when I turned it back on there was no change.
I searched over the net and can't seem to locate any other assistance on how to troubleshoot it further. It appears to be getting power, I believe the issue is more than likely the control panel/selector buttons but I'm unsure on how to properly diagnosis. I'd prefer to repair it and keep it running as we have intentions on re-doing the kicken in a couple of years and would end up getting all matching appliances. Plus a decent dishwasher will run us at least $300-350 which I'd like to avoid shelling out right now.
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-06, 05:05 PM
mod number needed.. may be in the lock mode... if there is a button that shows a pic of a lock hold it down for 4-5 secs

Old 02-28-06, 05:40 AM
Oh, forgot to mention. Here's the model # MDB6100AW. I'll also try the lock button method when I get home. Thanks.

Old 02-28-06, 06:37 PM
I tried the lock button and nothing changed. Any procedure to test the PC board? Thanks.

Old 03-09-06, 06:57 PM
C
Dishwasher Power on a switch

Here's a long shot! I have a townhome that has a dishwasher wired to a normal switch that looks like a light switch. Even though we try to remember to tell new tenents, sometimes we forget. We always get a phone call about the dishwasher not working. We remind them or tell them for the first time about he switch, they flip it and the dishwasher works fine!