G. E. Washer Model WWRE5240D0WW

Old 04-09-06, 04:50 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
G. E. Washer Model WWRE5240D0WW

My Washer is draining water and suds out of the flood hose that is attached to the tub. Is it possible that this could be that the water level pressure switch is not operating correctly.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-06, 05:14 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thatís always possible but before hoisting the blame on the pressure switch I would first check the hose assem that supplies pressure to it to begin with.
The pathway in the pressure switch hose could be restricted. This would fool the switch into thinking it needs more water than is actually there. A common place I ran into was where the pressure hose hooks to the tub. There is a pressure dome that sticks out on the side of the outer tub that the hose hooks to. I ran into a bunch of these that were partially restricted with soap residue. I had to clean many of them from the inside by removing the inner basket to gain access to it.

Old 04-10-06, 03:13 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You also may want to take the front panel off and let washer fill to a medium load and watch the basket... They did have a problem with them washing and spinning the same time... as it spun the water would rise and out the overflow tube.... Watch the basket to see if it starts spinning faster... normally moves a little at a time...