GE Dishwasher leaking from side near hose

Old 05-01-06, 10:54 AM
Y
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Dishwasher leaking

I have a built-in GE Dishwasher which is approximately 8 years old. Lately it has started leaking, and after pulling it out I found the source of the leak to be on the side of dishwasher. I'm not sure what it is called, but there is a black hose that loops up on the side of the dishwasher, starting from where it connects by the hotwater inlet up about 18 inches or so, turns 180 degrees and ends down into this white plastic piece on the side of the dishwasher tub, about halfway up on the left side. It leaks only when filling and the water DOESN'T come from the black hose itself OR from where it connects to this plastic piece, but from the piece itself. I can't actually see where the water comes from. I don't know what this hose actually is (is it a sort of air gap/loop) or what the piece is it fits in to. Any ideas on what it is and how to fix it?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but I found a site that shows the hose/connection I'm talking about
http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=17757

Scroll down to step 4, and the pic above it shows the black 'cane-shaped' hose and connection I'm talking about.
Thanks
Carrie

Last edited by yankee-kiwi; 05-02-06 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-02-06, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
put your model number in at http://www3.sears.com/ and ou can order that part.. easy repair

Old 05-03-06, 11:44 AM
Y
Thank you, but unforunately, the part doesn't appear to be on the diagram. It's not the hose that leaks, it's the white plastic piece that it fits into. Thanks for trying though.

Carrie
FYI - GE mo# GSD2030Z02WW

Old 05-04-06, 03:53 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
It should come with the hose

Old 05-05-06, 06:03 AM
Y
Okay, I'll give it a shot then. Thanks!
Carrie

Old 05-05-06, 07:47 PM
Senior Citizen
Visiting Guest
I had a whirlpool and had the same problem. My machine was 18 years old. The part that leaks is part of the case and is not replaceable. You have to replace the whole case. BUT if you still have your paper work the case might be garrannteed for 20 years. I called up whirlpool and they had a contract repairman come out to make sure it was the case leaking, It was . The contractor did not want to replace the case (Not enough $ for the labor). Whirlpool called another but they refused to even to come to the house. Beleive it or not they told me to pick out a new dishwasher and they will have it installed. I got me a new one for zero dollars.

Old 05-06-06, 07:49 AM
Y
Thanks for your reply! It does seem like a leak in the case to me. Like you said, I couldn't see anyway that the part could be replaced, but I was being hopeful. Thanks for your advice. I'll call GE and see what happens, either way it looks like I may be getting a new dishwasher.
Take care
Carrie

Old 02-02-07, 12:00 AM
T
I had this exact same problem and found out there was some calcium deposit build up inside the white plastic piece, which I believe is called the fill hose spout air inlet (not possitive on that) but I just got something to clean it out and it stopped leaking. Hope that helps someone.

Originally Posted by yankee-kiwi View Post
I have a built-in GE Dishwasher which is approximately 8 years old. Lately it has started leaking, and after pulling it out I found the source of the leak to be on the side of dishwasher. I'm not sure what it is called, but there is a black hose that loops up on the side of the dishwasher, starting from where it connects by the hotwater inlet up about 18 inches or so, turns 180 degrees and ends down into this white plastic piece on the side of the dishwasher tub, about halfway up on the left side. It leaks only when filling and the water DOESN'T come from the black hose itself OR from where it connects to this plastic piece, but from the piece itself. I can't actually see where the water comes from. I don't know what this hose actually is (is it a sort of air gap/loop) or what the piece is it fits in to. Any ideas on what it is and how to fix it?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but I found a site that shows the hose/connection I'm talking about
http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=17757

Scroll down to step 4, and the pic above it shows the black 'cane-shaped' hose and connection I'm talking about.
Thanks
Carrie

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: