maytag stackable washer won't spin

Old 05-24-06, 09:06 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
maytag stackable washer won't spin

My maytag stackable washer lse7806ace fills, agitates and pumps down like usual, leaves a few inches of water (not sure if this is normal) and then seems to click or start to go into spin, but does nothing and the timer does not advance. Enen after hours the timer hasn't advanced. If I manually advance the timer, it stlll won't spin, but if I advance it into rinse, it fills, agitates, partially drains again, then stops. It won't spin in any cycle, like regular, perma, etc. I don't know if it's the timer simply, or the transmission, because I don't know how this shifts into spin. I don't see wig wag parts in the drawing on the parts website, but it is belt driven. Could it be something with the trans or am I lucky and its the timer?? Thanks alot.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-06, 05:54 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Sounds like your lid switch is out... there is a fuse in it... check fuse for continuity

Old 05-25-06, 06:31 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not a lid switch problem. When the lid switch fuse blows on maytags it won't fill but it will spin. Not sure about the not advancing thing. Maybe it is the timer if it acts like it is dead. Any time it is draining it should be spinning. It picks up speed as it gets rid of the water. If it trips the out of balance switch it will do what you are describing, but as soon as you lift the lid and close it it will re start.