ventilating enclosed mini-refrigerator

Old 06-03-06, 06:55 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question ventilating enclosed mini-refrigerator

I have a built-in cabinet/shelf unit that is flush against the back wall, and maybe an inch clearance on the sides. There is an enclosed cabinet with front doors that are normally closed in the unit where I want to put a small mini-fridge. I have a few 3" holes thru the back of the cabinet into the wall cavity, and was hoping that would provide enough ventilation for the heat from the fridge. Apparently not enough, since the fridge died after a few months. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ventilate that enclosed space? Might I need a separate thermostatically controlled fan to circulate air as needed? or would a couple of holes on each side, top and bottom, give me enough ventilation?

Old 06-03-06, 01:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 247 Upvotes on 199 Posts
Rockler probably has what you need, although not thermostaically controlled:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=6572&SearchHandle=DADADJDFDADADDDGGDGGDJDHGEGBDHDHCNDAGFGBDHCNDEGGDBDBCNGCDFDFGCCNGGDFDJDAGEGCDBDFGGGBDDDEDADADADBDADADADADDGGGBGODADADADEDADADADADADADADBDFDADADADBDADADADADADADADADADADADADBDADADADADDGGGBGODADADADBDB

Old 06-04-06, 06:34 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
circulation for under counter refer

I don't recall any mfg. allowing all four sides to be enclosed on an under counter refer. You may be expecting to much to keep your cabinet doors on. Almost all high end and some of the others do allow you to put a cabinet face on the front of the under counter refer, the idea is to make the refer look like a cabinet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: