Violent Maytag Washer

Old 06-29-06, 09:14 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Violent Maytag Washer

Hi,
I got an oldie washer, a Maytag LA212. During spin cycle the washer shakes vilently and will not achieve any sort of a drying speed with a wet load of more t6han a couple of pounds. I have taken a look inside from the portholes in the back of the unit, and it seems all 3 dampening springs are in place. I have also attempted to level the unit however the problem is still evident.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-06, 02:01 PM
B
Violent Maytag

Gooberis;
Have you used a bubble level when doing the leveling of the machine? Only ask as some say that the machine is level but, in reality, it is not. Check the leveling feet and make sure that one hasn't fell down a turn or two. Remember that your floor may not be absolutely level so each foot may have to be a different length.
Also, this shaking may be from all the bulky items being on the same side and centrifical force kicks in on the cycle. On the next wash, stop the machine, when the shaking starts, and see where all the clothes are. Spread them out and it may just solve the problem.

Old 06-29-06, 02:10 PM
Check the rollers under the drum. They may be worn or broken. This will make the drum vibrate and cause a ruckus. Good luck.

Old 06-30-06, 06:22 AM
G
Originally Posted by Bob M
Have you used a bubble level when doing the leveling of the machine? ... Remember that your floor may not be absolutely level so each foot may have to be a different length.
The floor the washer is sitting on is not level, however I used a bubble level to adjust the unit. I used the level on the top of the machine, is that the proper procedure? Also since the floor is not level, each time the washer "crawls" around due to its shaking, it needs to be re-levelled.

Originally Posted by Bob M
Also, this shaking may be from all the bulky items being on the same side and centrifical force kicks in on the cycle.
The shaking happens even with an empty washer. not as evident as it is with a load but it will occur.

Old 06-30-06, 06:24 AM
G
Originally Posted by majakdragon
Check the rollers under the drum. They may be worn or broken. This will make the drum vibrate and cause a ruckus. Good luck.
Will check the rollers.