GE washer clutch

Old 07-04-06, 09:23 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE washer clutch

Model #WJSR2080t6ww (newer model with one speed clutch)

My washer stopped spinning/agitating. When I opened the front of the washer I observed that the pulley (clutch assembly??) had slipped down off the motor shaft. There is a little steel clamp on the end of the pulley, however, you can easiliy slip the clutch assembly on and off the motor shaft. I don't think the clamp is to hold the assembly on the rotor. Should there be anything else. I'm assuming that the clutch is bad, however, i wonder if there is a missing piece that should hold the assembly on the shaft as well. The mechanism (clutch?) inside the pulley spin fairly easily. How do you tell. Assuming the clutch is bad should I rebuild the clutch or buy a whole new assembly. The washer is probalby 6-8 years old and not sure if its worth 75 to 150 dollars in parts. Thanks is advance.

Old 07-05-06, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The clp is a one time use lip and needs replaced... May be all you need

Old 07-06-06, 07:11 AM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
clip

After looking at the clutch clip on the internet, it appears that indeed the clip holding the clutch on the motor shaft is missing and is (at least in part) the problem. The confusion on my part was that there is different kind of clip which appears to hold the pulley onto the clutch assembly. Will purchase and see if that works. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: