Dishwasher Problem

Old 07-29-06, 09:24 AM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Dishwasher Problem

Two days ago my son decided it would be fun to stand on the dishwasher door as my daughter emptied the dishwasher. The door did not break (surprisingly), but now everytime I open the dishwasher, the top of the dishwasher falls forward and the counter top is preventing it from falling over.

My husband has looked at it and cannot figure out what is wrong. It is acting like it needs to be reattached to the underside of the counter top, but he cannot see where it ever was attached. It has these 3 prong things, that are shaped like upside V's that now scrap against the underside of the counter.

I hate to have to call someone in and pay an arm and a leg for something that is probably easy to fix. Any information would be very helpful.

Old 07-29-06, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
VBolton, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
There should be two metal clips that are screwed to the underside of the countertop. Check to see if the clips got broken off and are still attached to the countertop and what you are seeing is half a clip. Some of the newer Dishwashers have clips to attach the DW from the sides also. Good luck.

Old 07-29-06, 10:17 AM
V
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thank you Majakdragon!! My husband took a second look at the dishwasher, discovered that the clips are not broken, but the screws that attached the clips to the counter must have broken off. He is repairing as we speak. You are truly the super moderator. Thanks again so much.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: