Kenmore Coldspot 106.74253400 Freezer Not Cold

Old 08-04-06, 06:44 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Coldspot 106.74253400 Freezer Not Cold

I recently noticed that my Kenmore Coldspot 106.74253400 freezer was not as cold as usual.

I removed the icemaker, as well as the back panel to reveal the Condenser, Defrost Heater and Evaporator assembly.

There was a tremendous amount of ice around all of the components, which I drained via a hairdryer. Please help me with the next steps to determine if the Defrost Heater, Timer and/or Thermostat are causing the ice build-up. I am unsure where to locate the timer and thermostat but I have located the defrost heater.

Thanks.

Eric

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-06, 05:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Your problem could be a simpler one than those mentioned if the cause is due to gook clogging your defrost drain line and backing up. When this happens it backs up and freezes the drain cup area and from there, any time the defrost cycle comes on, the drain water can't drain, and refreezes into ice. Very common problem. First make sure your defrost drain tube can be blown through. Also, access to obseve the defrost drain pan either located in a pan under the very bottom of the refrigerator or it sits ontop the compressor. If this looks like it hasn't seen any water lately, then this coud very well be your problem. If you need further advice on how to, ask.