Maytag Neptune Timer/Dial

Old 09-13-06, 11:08 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Maytag Neptune Timer/Dial

Maytag Neptune (MAH4000AWW) washer’s timer/dial is not advancing correctly. It does move, but it does not do it in a consistent manner.

Background: The drain tube had become clogged and water started spilling into the bottom of the machine. Most of the water was able to run out of the bottom, but a little did remain. So I pulled the machine out into the garage (to clean drain hose) and tipped it on its left side so the remaining water could escape. (this is the side away from the motor control board and timer/dial). Prior to my tipping the machine, the timer advanced correctly to the best of my knowledge.

Current State: The TD does advance but it does not do it the same for all cycles. When the dial is set to a wash cycle, the cycle will run and complete but the dial will not move. When it is set on one of the rinse cycles(1, 2, or 3), the cycle will run and the dial will move. However it only advances to the next cycle and then the machine will ‘turn-off’. It will not move into the next cycle unless you do it by hand. Movement is the same for the spin cycle, it will run and advance, but it seems like the movement is ‘jerky’. All other aspects are of the cycle are operating fine.(fill, drain, agitate, spin)

The delay cycles have not been tested. (since I don’t want to stare at a washing machine for several hours )

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by red_thumper; 09-15-06 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-17-06, 09:49 AM
M
Not real sure about this one. A neptune timer doesn't work like a standard timer. The control board sends power to the timer motor to make it move when it needs to. It could be a problem with the board, out of balance switches or a few thngs. If it gets to the rinse cycle and stops, does it fill first? make sure the cold water is on and the screens aren't plugged up

Old 09-17-06, 12:44 PM
R
yes.

the rinse cycle fills, agitates and drains alright.

when you say board, do mean the board in the top or bottom of the machine. (there are only 2 - right?)

thanks

Old 09-17-06, 03:30 PM
M
the top board is the machine control board.

Old 09-18-06, 05:01 AM
R
What is the lower board called? there are only 2 circuit boards - correct?

I did have the door boot updated about 3 months ago and they did not replace the machine board. I read in another thread where you said the new boot requires a different board. Every one of my problems seemed to start after the machine started spining faster.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=265373

Is there any way Maytag will replace this item for me?. (I have never received any compensation from the lawsuit. In fact, I never heard about it until the filing deadline had passed - no notice or anything.)

I don't want to pay $200 for the board - and I hate the idea of throwing the machine away.

Old 09-18-06, 08:16 PM
M
The lower board is the motor control board. Yes 2 boards. Before the lawsuit they were sending out enhancement kits which included a new door boot, machine control board and inner door. The new board made the machine kind of flush itself out better during the rinse cycle. I doubt you will get maytag to do anything for you.

Old 09-19-06, 11:28 AM
R
Just called Maytag. They are frustrating.

Old 09-27-06, 07:20 PM
R
Arrow

Is there any way I can test individual components. Like the machine control board, motor board, timer, or switches.

Or do I just have to replace each one until I get it right?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: