Kenmore Electric Dryer

Old 09-27-06, 02:16 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Red face Kenmore Electric Dryer

Hi, I am hoping some genius out there might know what my issues might be with my dryer... pretty please

I have a kenmore serial #ME4739674
model/stock # 96586200 65862

And am having some problems with it that no one can help me with. I have a friend that is pretty good with stuff like that but he is clueless so if anyone has an idea of what he should look at ide realllly appreciate it.

I have had the dryer for a few years and it has always worked good for me. A few months ago my friend replaced the thermal cutoff switch (i think) and it was working better then ever, drying the clothes really fast. But now (probably not related) my friend used the dryer and i think she might have put too many clothes in it (or maybe its not even related to that), but when you push start it hums for longer than it should and sometimes it will start, but only with like a really small t-shirt in it or pair of slacks, anything else and it will just hum and then stop humming without the drum moving at all.

Then after you actually get it to dry - (often it will hum for a few sec, start and only tumble maybe 10 times and then turn off) you definitely cant get it to go again after you open the door once.. like it is too tired. After that it wont start again until the next day or few days and even then not every time (for example I waited over night the other day and tried to dry a shirt and it wouldnt start at all- even after not being ran all night and most of the day prior).

If anyone know what this might be or what I should check I would sure appreciate it.. the laundrymat is a scary place for a single woman THANKS

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-06, 03:25 PM
D
Kenmore dryer

Sounds like the motor is seizing up. If bearings are bad in motor you might get it to run for awhile untill motor gets hot & shuts itself off untill it cools again. The drum rides on a set of rollers in the back that could be bad also & causing a greater load on the motor but they usually get pretty noisey when they go. Reach in the drum & try turning it by hand. It should turn fairly easy. If not, I would suspect the motor. Only sure way to tell is taking the dryer apart & inspecting rollers & motor. Replacement motor is approx. 100.00. Dave

Old 09-28-06, 11:31 AM
L
my reply

Thanks Dave.. I'll check it out