Ice maker leaks after filling the tray

Old 10-15-06, 10:25 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ice maker leaks after filling the tray

The ice maker on my Kenmore Fridge has been leaking out the bottom of the ice maker tray after it cycles the cubes and refills the tray. I 'm not sure what is causing this problem. Could it be the water inlet valve causing this problem?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-06, 05:02 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I had a similar problem years ago and spent hours on the ice maker. I decided that the gear mechanism inside was allowing water to flow too long, and modified one of the plastic gears to make water shut off sooner. I don't recommend this but it did work for several years before I had to go back in and sort of tune it up.

I think later on I figured out that there was a water control solenoid near where the water connects to the back of the refrigerator that was the real source of my problem.

If this were to happen to me again I would still opt to try to fix it myself. I'd first get a manual for the ice maker and try to understand the wiring and controls.

It might be helpful to go to Sears online parts catalog and take a look at the available parts. Might give you some insight.