Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer turns on by itself!

Old 10-23-06, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer turns on by itself!

Model # 110.62052100
Seial Number ML 2001395
My Dryer turns on by itself. Also, If I try to pick a setting, say medium heat, it will reset back to high heat. Anyone ever heard of this?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-06, 01:28 PM
Mentusk, welcome to the DIY forums

No pro but here's some info I found from here that might help:

http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_8_1.asp#Level1_6

"If your dryer seems to run forever, it could be because of a clogged vent or internal ductwork. Your dryer may have an automatic cycle that turns off the dryer when the clothes are dry. It does this with a special thermostat or moisture-sensing system.

Normally, this is what happens during an automatic cycle:

The thermostat tells the dryer to heat until the interior of the dryer reaches a pre-set temperature--say 135 degrees.

When the dryer reaches the pre-set temperature, the thermostat tells the timer to begin advancing. (If there's a moisture sensor, the timer advances only if the moisture content of the clothing is low enough.)

The timer advances until the interior cools, then the thermostat tells the timer to stop advancing, and tells the dryer to start heating again.

This cycle continues until the clothes are dry. But…if the vent is clogged, the dryer may never reach the proper operating temperature, so it doesn't send the signal to the timer and the dryer continues to run indefinitely, even if the clothes are completely dry. To fix the problem, clean the vent and/or internal ductwork."

Old 10-29-06, 11:53 AM
I checked my vent and duct work and didn't find anything. To me it seems like it is either the keyboard or computer. If I pick medium heat, or any other setting, it automatically resets itself to high heat. As soon as I do anything, it resets back to high heat. It resets so fast I have a hard time starting any other cycle. As soon as a cycle ends, it resets itself to high heat. Thanks for the info.