Frigidaire stand-alone range - stovetop works fine, no oven activity

Old 10-24-06, 08:52 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Frigidaire stand-alone range - stovetop works fine, no oven activity

Frigidaire model FEF379ACG, which is glass-top convection-style range with "speed-bake" (convection) oven. It looks basically like this one:

http://www.pricefish.com/product_images/102/185550_150.jpg

(Apperently, there is no image embedding in this forum, so copy/paste the link for the picture, if it's important to you to see what the range looks like.)

It has worked like a charm since we bought it when moving into this house a little over three years ago. Suddenly, though, there is no heat in the oven, either from the baking or the broiler elements. The convection fan still runs as advertised, and one can adjust the electronic thermostat all day long, but there is no voltage to either element, per VOM meter. The cooktop, clock, etc. still work precisely. I discovered this issue when trying to self-clean the oven, if it matters. The oven never heated up at all for the self-cleaning cycle.

I must assume that this is something in the electronic control. What am I looking for? Where and how do I "trace this back" to figure out what is wrong? Or is this one of those cases in which the entire "brain" just has to be replaced? Meter still shows good voltage at the outlet, and like I said, other than the oven, everything works perfectly.

Thanks to whomever has insight.

Old 10-25-06, 06:56 AM
M
I repaired one last week just like that. Had to replace the control.

Old 10-25-06, 07:01 AM
A
Originally Posted by maytagman
I repaired one last week just like that. Had to replace the control.

OK, so it's pretty much replacing the entire "brain" that's in the top middle part? That looked easy enough to pull out and replace when I peeked behind the panel.

Old 10-26-06, 08:34 PM
M
yep, just make sure you get the wires back on the right terminals

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: