need instructions on removing shell from kenmore series 70 washer

Old 11-05-06, 10:39 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
need instructions on removing shell from kenmore series 70 washer

the cold water does not fill anymore. i think the problem is with the intake valve. i need to take the back cover off. any special instructions or link to get step by step instruction. don't think there should be a need to buy manual just for that.
thanks in advance.

Old 11-05-06, 11:01 AM
D
Removing shell

Remove the screw on each side of the control panel going down into top of shell. Some control panels have a plastic end cap on each side of the panel that you have to pop off to get at screws. Swing control panel over back of washer & let it hang there. Unplug the wiring harness to lid switch on top right of shell. Remove the gold clips on each side of top shell. Tilt the shell towards you & lift off. Dave

Old 11-05-06, 12:12 PM
G
Have you removed the hose at the washer and checked the screen inside the valve? Sometimes these get clogged and need to be cleaned. Taking the washer apart would not be necessary.

Old 11-06-06, 03:41 AM
A
checked the inlet hose, the filters are clean, got the shell off.

took the shell out. got the intake valve and dismantled it. the rubber part had some holes for the water to move in and out when the valve is activated. these were clogged on the cold side due to deteriorating rubber. my hand was all black. i cleaned the rubber well and reversed their location. i put the rubber valve from hot into the cold one and cold into the hot one.
it is working now. i have both cold and hot water coming in to washer. is this usual or it is best to replace the intake valve due to labor involved.
thanks for the help in getting me to this valve.

Old 11-06-06, 03:04 PM
D
Kenmore

If the valve is working now & you have machine back together I'd let it go. If you have to replace something else down the road, coupler, lid switch, etc., replace the inlet valve then. Not a very expensive part. I don't usually even take them apart anymore.I just replace it.

Old 11-06-06, 06:35 PM
A
thanks, you may close this thread.

will post again as needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: