Jenn-Air frig getting warm

Old 11-11-06, 10:35 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Jenn-Air frig getting warm

Hi everyone. I have a problem that my wife and I just realized this morning. Our Jenn-Air model #JCD2289AES is not staying cold and slowly warming up on the frig and freezer side. At full blast it is only about 60 degrees on the firg side. Does anyone have any ideas on what is wrong? any suggestions would be great. I am kind of in a rush now because tommorrow is friends and family night at sears and I could get a great deal on a frig. I hate the fact that my frig is showing signs of crapping out on me today with a great sale happening the next day too. I have to go to work at 4:00 pm today but I have all day tommorrow sunday to see if I can fix the problem. My frig is 7 years old is that about the right time for a new frig? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dharma & Tammy

Old 11-11-06, 12:24 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I pulled the fig out and the coils were not overly dirty and I cleaned them. When I plug the frig in though the fan in the back turns on (near the coils) but the compressor is whisper quiet. I can tell the compressor is trying to run becuase I think I can sense a very quiet hum if i pur my ear next to it. So does that mean the compressor is gone or needs charging? My Father in Law says if that is the case it 2would be better to just buy a new frig at sears tommorrow for the friends and family night which i could get at 30% off when all is said and done. Any suggestions?

Dharma

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: