brand new dishwasher does not get any water!

Old 12-16-06, 07:47 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
brand new dishwasher does not get any water!

I have a brand new dishwasher which was placed in my house last year as the house was being renovated. The plumbing was completed today and we tried to start it for the first time. The dishwasher makes all the noise but no water comes into the machines. Checked all water line and it is not blocked. Any idea what the problem is? Does it have to do the the fact that it has not been used for more than a year? Sad part is that it is now out of warranty but never used!! Any help is appreciated as people will be moving into the house on Monday. Thanks.

Old 12-16-06, 08:21 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Is there a valve that needs to be opened to allow water to the washer? You wouldn't be the first to miss that.

Curious as to brand of washer. I have an LG that was pretty touchy when the water pressure in the house was low.

Old 12-16-06, 08:55 PM
S
no! .. there is no value .. i will go look again, but no valve . . the water hose is directly screwed to a small electronic device (looks like a coil about one inch tick and one inch long) which i believe it is an electronic valve . .and i think for some reason this electronic valve is not working! .. but it is a brand new machine!

Old 12-16-06, 09:54 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Be sure there is nothing plugging the line where it goes into the valve.

if you can feel the valve (without getting shocked) put a finger on it while somebody turns on the washer. You should be able to feel it do something.

If you can get to the terminals and you have a voltage tester (I don;t know what voltage you are dealing with so you will need to verify a proper tester) see if the valve actually recieves a signal to open.

Take the water supply off the valve ( you'll need to so this anyway to check for blockage) and turn the water back on sightly to be sure you are getting water to the valve.

and actually therre should be a valve on the OPPOSITE end of the fill hose, away from the vavle where the line hooks into your water supply.

If you can remove the line on the other side of the valve (without damaging it) do so and turn the machine on to see if water passes when the machine should be filling.

In the owners manual, there are often troubleshooting guides that may help as well.

Old 12-17-06, 08:41 PM
C
if it still is not working check your float switch. you should have a dome in one corner, depending on your design it may or may not move. If it does move try to push it down and then check operation. if it doesn't move check beneath the dishwasher beneath it at the float, it may be out of alignment

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: