Magic Chef Freezer Problem

Old 12-21-06, 06:37 AM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Magic Chef Freezer Problem

I am having problems with my Magic Chef side-by-side unit, Model # CSD2123AR.

The refrigerator part is working perfectly, but the freezer is having a water issue.
In the very back of the freezer there is a panel that houses the coils and at the bottom of this panel door are some "vent" slats.
There is a very slow trickle of water coming from panel/vent slats making the bottom of freezer get a layer of ice that has to be chipped out every 2 days or so.
I did remove the panel and the only thing covered in frost was one copper hose that was above the vertical coils. I did notice what looked like a drain hole under the coils that had some standing water (after being defrosted manually to rid the bottom of several inches of ice).
Also note, with the water turned off at the wall, I still get water in bottom of freezer.
I hope someone can help me, because I'm pulling out my hair trying to keep up with the rouge freezer. Ugh!

Thank you and have a great day,
Briana

Old 12-21-06, 04:33 PM
C
that drain hole you saw is supposed to drain away the water from defrost. next time you thaw the unit out try to poor warm water down the hole. if none will go than it is frozen or plugged. If you take off the rear panel you can sometimes remove the hose to clear it. Be sure to put it back on or you'll get water all over your floor.

Old 01-09-07, 03:39 PM
Z
Originally Posted by corepairman View Post
that drain hole you saw is supposed to drain away the water from defrost. next time you thaw the unit out try to poor warm water down the hole. if none will go than it is frozen or plugged. If you take off the rear panel you can sometimes remove the hose to clear it. Be sure to put it back on or you'll get water all over your floor.
Can I use an air compressor air hose to send air down the drain hole to clear the line? if not, do I clear the line from the very back of the unit or what?

Thank you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: