Whirlpool washer LSQ9010LG3 won't spin

Old 02-02-07, 11:47 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool washer LSQ9010LG3 won't spin

I had a problem several months back, with clothes washer not draining all the way. The timer wouldn't finish, and the clothes would still be wet. It was most likely an overloading problem, as some of you suggested, because we reduced the load size and I haven't heard any complaints from my wife......until now.
Now, this morning, it's leaving the clothes wet, but it is finishing the timer cycle, so I've checked and found that everything appears to work except it doesn't spin during the spin cycle, even though it's making a noise like it's doing something.
Any suggestions before I start taking it apart? Maybe a belt, or a cog, or????

Thanks,
John

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-07, 07:00 AM
G
Sounds like you have a broken motor coupling. Here is a link on how to change it:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Whirlpool-Kenmore-Direct-Drive-Washer-Coupling-Repair_W0QQugidZ10000000000168777

Hope this helps...

Old 02-07-07, 07:29 AM
J
Still need help

After scooting the washer around so I could get the cabinet off and check the coupler (it was good but I had a new one, so I put it on), the washer started working fine. So, after a few runs I decided it was healed, and scooted it back into place. Now it's the same problem I had - it won't agitate or spin. The water pump works OK. No oil or water on the floor underneath the washer. Maybe an intermittent switch somewhere?
I also noted that there weren't any solenoids or levers on the transmission, so how does this unit know to agitate, or to spin, is this all a function of motor speed into the transmission or what? I'm thinking that if I know this, maybe I can narrow it down. But if any of you have any suggestions, please help.
Thanks

Old 02-07-07, 10:19 AM
J
If this will help, I bypassed the lid switch, so I could run it with the lid open. Here's what happened during the Spin cycle:
The basket didn't spin, but did have a barely perceptible jerky movement. I grabbed the basket and gave it a spin to help get it started, and it was very easy to spin, and it kept on spinning for about a minute, but Very Slow, 'till it finally stopped. Now I'm thinking maybe a part of the drive has failed, like a clutch or something. What's the most likely culprit in this case, and can I narrow it down by some more troubleshooting or a visual inspection?
Thanks,
John