Whirlpool Ultimate Care 2 - Won't Spin all the time

Old 03-07-07, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Whirlpool Ultimate Care 2 - Won't Spin all the time

I have a Whirlpool Ultimate Care 2 top loading washing machine Model # LSQ7030KQ0 that doesn't spin all the time. It will agitate just fine. No problems with that.
I put a screwdrive in the sensor so I could leave the lid off. I watched it do the whole cycle.
It did the agititate and then drained the water. Once it was drained it did nothing. It sounded like it was trying to spin. I could not manual spin it though. Was locked in place. I turned off and then back on and it began spinning.
It did this again after it filled with water again and did another agitate and then drain.
Turning off and on again made it spin.

I have noticed a couple times I have opened it up and I could manually start the spin myself and it would start spinning. Not this time though.

(We bought these used from a friend of a friend)
It looks like it may have sprayed some oil underneath at some point in time. There is a little bit of oil (Looks like it may have been there for a bit) on a couple bolts underneath. Not sure if that means anything.

**Edit** I did look at the Drive coupler and it looks to be in pretty good shape.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Nitro5955; 03-08-07 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Update
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-07, 05:54 AM
Sounds like you have a bad timer that is sticking... It is supposed to pump out before spinning (this is called neutral drain).. after some time the timer shuts off then back on to spim.. you removing scewdriver kind of forced it to do it...

Old 03-11-07, 11:36 PM
I also noticed that when I do get it to spin on the final spin it will still put water in the machine while it is spinning.

Not sure if it is supposed to do that.

Old 03-12-07, 03:35 AM
In the final spin yes it does that... its a spray rinse.....