How do I remove metal tube type pin?

Old 03-25-07, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How do I remove metal tube type pin?

I have a washer part (the pully that attaches to the motor) that has a plastic part on top that I need to remove so I can fasten the pully to the motor shaft. The plastic part has a slotted metal tube type pin that goes through it and holds it to the pully top. The metal tube pin has a slot that goes from one end to the other so it looks like you could squeeze it togeather at one end (about a quarter inch is sticking out) with something and pull it out and put it back. I've tried getting the tube pin out with nails and a hammer but the nails keep bending. The tube isn't a screw in type so it can just be pushed out and back in, but I'm having difficulty. There's a bullet-shaped opening on the plastic part so you can get to the pin but it doesn't give me enough room to get pliers in to it. Is there a special tool to take this type of pin out and in and if there is, where can I get one? Also, what is the name for this type of pin? Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-07, 03:37 AM
If you have your Make & Model Number, there are websites that sell appliance parts. One site is www.repairclinic.com

Old 03-26-07, 01:21 PM
What your describing sounds like a roll pin or spring pin. They're removed using a pin punch.