How do I remove metal tube type pin?


Old 03-25-07, 11:36 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 81
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How do I remove metal tube type pin?

I have a washer part (the pully that attaches to the motor) that has a plastic part on top that I need to remove so I can fasten the pully to the motor shaft. The plastic part has a slotted metal tube type pin that goes through it and holds it to the pully top. The metal tube pin has a slot that goes from one end to the other so it looks like you could squeeze it togeather at one end (about a quarter inch is sticking out) with something and pull it out and put it back. I've tried getting the tube pin out with nails and a hammer but the nails keep bending. The tube isn't a screw in type so it can just be pushed out and back in, but I'm having difficulty. There's a bullet-shaped opening on the plastic part so you can get to the pin but it doesn't give me enough room to get pliers in to it. Is there a special tool to take this type of pin out and in and if there is, where can I get one? Also, what is the name for this type of pin? Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-07, 04:37 AM
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 15,834
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you have your Make & Model Number, there are websites that sell appliance parts. One site is
Old 03-26-07, 02:21 PM
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 389
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What your describing sounds like a roll pin or spring pin. They're removed using a pin punch.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: