Kenmore 90 Plus Series Electric Dryer

Old 03-26-07, 08:08 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool Kenmore 90 Plus Series Electric Dryer

My Kenmore 90 Plus Series Electric Dryer is around 7 years old now and works wonderfully well. Until now!

Over the last two weeks, the door (front loading) keeps popping open. Due to this while there clothes in the dryer, someone has to be around the machine just to make sure the door has not opened and stopped the dryer.

I tried to jiggle the metal clip that goes into the plastic socket in the door, and widen it a bit so that it would hold but that does not seem to help and I am scared that too much of 'jiggling' might break the clip altogether.

As a stopgap solution I have used a one of those cloth wipe, folded, and used as a 'packing' between the clip and the door, reinforced with two strips of duct tape stuck on the top corners of the door and stuck down around the corner. (you can stop laughing now!)

Can anyone guide me as to what I need to do to get the door working again?

Thanks.

Old 03-26-07, 01:26 PM
F
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Sounds like the door latch has lost its holding power. Why not try replacing the plastic catch?

Old 03-27-07, 05:45 AM
Is it an easy task to undertake. I believe I can get the part from Sears, but is it something I can 'Do-it-Yourself' ??

Any tips on how to change the latch?

Old 03-27-07, 04:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
They just snap in from the front. By design, they like fish-hook themselves in place so they can't be pulled back out. The plastic on the edges of these is spread outwards and when you force it in the square opening it squeezes inward and then once inside the dryer it springs back out again and snaps and is locked in place.

Old 03-27-07, 07:57 PM
Cool

Thank DaveBoy and formula.
Will track down the part and replace it and see if that solves the problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: