Error code F2 E1 on Kitchenaid?

Old 03-29-07, 07:06 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Error code F2 E1 on Kitchenaid?

I have a Kitchenaid Range model KERC507HBS3. I had broken the ceran top and installed a new one today. Since I had never done this before it did not go as smooth as it could have, but I got it completed without breaking the new top. I decided while I was tearing the range apart I would also remove the door and tighten the handle which was loose. Everything appeared to go smooth until I plugged it in. The unit would power up and display the PF to the left display and also the time from when previously powered on. All sounds normal so far? I hit start to clear the PF. I ran a test on all burners and they all appar to operate atleast for a 1 minute test each. I then tried to test the oven and set it to bake at default 350 which it ran at for less than a minute and then shut down with error code F2 E1. I can not find this specific error code anywhere in any posted error code lists??? I took the control panel off and tried to tighten the springs sets on the ribbon cable female socket since one post was suggesting that a loose ribbon connection was a reason for F1 E2 and possibly F2 E1, http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/showthread.php?t=525
Not only did that not work but now it seems that the control panel will not respond to my pushing most pads on the control panel except for numbers and the timer button? I am trying to sell my house and have very little cash so I thought I would save some $ doing this myself but it seems I got in deeper than I was to start! Any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-07, 04:14 AM
G
F2-E1 Keypad keytail not connected

-Check keypad connector for firm connection.
-Press CANCEL. If error code returns after 60 seconds, replace keypad.
-Replace control.

I am not sure if this unit uses a seperate membrane switch for the keypad or if it is one unit. If it has a seperate keypad, replace that first. If not, you are probably looking at a whole new electronic control board. Make sure you have good connections at the board. You could be looking at a new control board anyway.

Old 03-30-07, 05:03 AM
L
Oh no!

I checked all the connections and they are tight. The cancel button is one of the buttons not currently functuning. How do these pad buttons work? The ones which are not working now do not seem as bubbled out as the ones which do respond to pushing them. What I mean is you can feel some of the buttons actually indent where the ones not working seem flat and solid so they do not indent. The electric control unit is all one piece and looks like it runs at least $255! I am not very electrically experienced and see that some of the capicators or resistors have dark areas on the board around them similar to what a burn would cause, is this normal or an indication of a problem?

Old 03-30-07, 05:08 AM
G
I am not sure but it looks like your control panel and the membrane switch comes as one unit. It looks like you need to replace the whole assembly.

It is normal to see darker areas around the resistors on the board. That doesn't really indicate a problem there.

Old 03-31-07, 05:31 AM
L
I went ahead and ordered the EC board since it seems to be the problem no matter what. I was just hoping it was repairable. Any ideas as to what I could have done while installing the new top to have caused the control to fry? Thanks!

Old 03-31-07, 06:26 AM
G
Probably nothing, just a freak thing. The only thing that I could think of is, was power to the unit disconnected while you were installing the top? If not, something could have shorted and damaged the board.

Old 03-31-07, 06:37 AM
L
Yes it was off. You have me thinking now that I might have tweaked a wire somewhere when puting everything back together. Then when I powered up it caused the short and may cause he new board to do the same! I really do not want to take that top off to see and chance breaking it or causing other issues. Then again all of the burners seem to work fine so I would assume if something got shorted that it is not under to top but behind the control panel? Any advice? Thanks again!

Old 03-31-07, 06:54 AM
G
I don't think anything in the cooktop area is connected to the control board. I would just check all your wiring carefully to look for anything that may be shorted. Also if you disconnected any wiring, make sure the wiring is correct.