Washer Doesn’t Drain Completely Between Cycles

Old 04-07-07, 01:45 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Washer Doesn’t Drain Completely Between Cycles

I have a Kenmore washer, model 110.82881100. Between the wash and the rinse, when the wash water is supposed to drain out, it does not completely drain. The water drains about halfway down, and then stops. There is a long pause (several minutes), with the tub remaining half full of wash water, during which the timer clicks several times. Then the rinse water starts filling. I have to manually turn the timer to the end to force the washer to drain, and then turn it back to where it was to continue with the rinse.

This behavior happens on the permanent press cycle, but the cotton/sturdy cycle seems to be OK.

Here is what I have tried so far:

1. Replaced the timer.
2. Removed the inner tub and checked for obstructions between the inner tub and outer tub.
3. Checked for obstructions in the rubber hose and air chamber sensing the water level.
4. Removed the pump and checked for free operation and blockage of the pump.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Old 04-07-07, 02:15 PM
B
bus
washer doesn't drai

you may want to check the small electric pump behind the lower cover. I have a Kenmore front loader and have problems with stuff getting caught inside the pump. once cleaned out, water drains.

Old 04-07-07, 04:26 PM
G
Normal

That is normal behavior for the Permanent Press cycle on the wahser. I have both owned one of these machines and I work on these every day, so I am familiar with the cycles of the washer.

If you leave the machine alone in the cycle it will drain some water, pause, refill, than wash some more. Then it will drain, spin, and refill for the rinse cycle and continue as normal.

Old 04-08-07, 09:03 AM
D
Thanks

bus, thanks for your suggestion, but I already tried that.

gdoug, thanks for the info. I replaced the timer to fix another problem, and now my wife has been worried about this behavior. I wondered if it was normal, but was not familiar enough with the normal behavior to know one way or the other. Thanks for putting our minds at ease.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: