Dishwasher not draining

Old 05-03-07, 06:06 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher not draining

I have a 6 year old GE dishwasher - it's not draining. Here's the deal - to date I've taken the pump assembly apart, cleaned everything, I've rebuilt the impeller and scrap-food chopper assembly in the primary pump, I've cleaned out the rectangular trap and I've replaced the drain pump assembly with a new one.

I suspect something in the timing or operational logic block - but cannot find reference to this -

Any other ideas? In theory I could wire an external switch to the drain pump and just run it until the floor of the washer is dry - at this point I'm tired of siphoning off the excess water after every use - and I've had the danged thing out from under the cabinet at least 10 times in the past three weeks.

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-07, 09:11 AM
F
Dishwashers drain by reversing the pump motor. Does yours reverse? Might start checking there.

Old 05-03-07, 09:22 AM
S
Thanks!

Thanks - mine has a drain pump - which I replaced last night (with a new one) - and which - much to my frustration - didn't help at all.

I can feel the water coming through the drain hose - so SOME of it is draining - I'm starting to suspect a check valve in an accumulation / filter thing that's in the outbound flow - perhaps the check valve isn't working correctly and the water is going from the drain pump straight back into the washer tub -

I suspect I'll order the part and try installing it this weekend (at least, unlike every other operation I've attempted so far, this won't require pulling the DW out from under the counter and carrying it out to the porch to work on it!) -

My model GE dishwasher also doesn't have the oft mentioned "drain solenoid" -apparently that's for other models.

So the fun continues - thanks though - for the reply!

Steve