Whirlpool icemaker

Old 05-04-07, 08:00 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool icemaker

Whirlpool side x side refrigerator model GD5PHAXMS10. Unit is approx. 3 years old & icemaker stopped working. Water valve tests ok. Freezer & fresh food side at normal temp. No defrost problems. This unit has the infrared beam inside freezer that I'm guessing just senses when the door is open to not let it dispense ice until door is closed. Anyone know if that beam has anything to do with the icemaker coming on or not or how to trouble shoot it? I heard Whirlpool had some problems with this icemaker but I hate to spend $130.00 on a new one to find out thats not the problem. Thanks for the help! Dave

Old 05-05-07, 06:04 AM
C
I have a manual with diagnostics flow chart which will allow you to troubleshoot. If you PM me and provide email address I will be glad to send it.

Also, look on ebay for the icemaker. I found one for about $56.00 new when I replaced mine.

Old 05-05-07, 02:50 PM
D
Whirlpool icemaker

Thanks CovTiger! I got the manual from you & printed it out. Looks like it has all the info I need to troubleshoot. I'll let you know how I make out. Dave

Old 08-12-07, 06:34 PM
C
Repair manual request

I know this is a little late, but I am having the same problem with my refrigerator. The icemaker makes ice but the dispnser does not run. I have to open the door and get the ice from the bucket. I have an in-door ice dispenser.
I think the motor is bad in mine. Can I get a cope of the repair manual as well?

Thank you,
CJL

Old 08-13-07, 06:03 PM
D
Whirlpool

Could be a bad auger motor or bad microswitch when you push on the ice switch at dispenser. The manual that CovTiger downloaded for me was a big help. It listed everything & troubleshooting tips. Mine turned out to be a bad icemaker. Try to PM CovTiger with your email address for the manual. If he doesn't get back to you, PM me with your email & I'll scan the auger troubleshooting section & get it out to you. Dave

Old 11-23-07, 07:17 PM
S
icemaker troubleshooting manual

I'd be interested in the troubleshooting manual for the icemaker. I'm not sure what's wrong. Only a 3 years old. Whirlpool Conquest side by side with the infrared sensor.
I did check the solenoid and it's ok.
Thanks
wbushw@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by CovTiger View Post
I have a manual with diagnostics flow chart which will allow you to troubleshoot. If you PM me and provide email address I will be glad to send it.

Also, look on ebay for the icemaker. I found one for about $56.00 new when I replaced mine.

Old 11-23-07, 10:51 PM
C
Manual on it's way.

Old 01-12-08, 12:41 PM
J
CovTiger.....

Found this post while searching for help with my Whirlpool ice maker. I would REALLY appreciate receiving a copy of the repair manual you mentioned.

Thanks in advance, Jim A.
jsaathome@aol.com

Old 01-12-08, 03:50 PM
D
Go to www.servicematters.com
click on technical reference
next page click on I ACCEPT
next page at the top of the sidebar click on technical library
next page click on job aids
next page click on search job aids
next page type in ice and click on search
next page look for reference R-92 WP & KA indoor ice systems and click on that
next page click on the pdf icon
then download the manual
R-92 is the manual for the icemaker with the optics.
As you scroll down the list, you'll also see R-66 which is the modular icemaker.

Perhaps the moderator could put this up as a sticky note?

Last edited by daddyjohn; 01-12-08 at 03:52 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 08-27-09, 07:12 PM
K
Ice Maker stopped working after moving

Originally Posted by CovTiger View Post

I just moved a 2 year old Conquest side-by-side with the infrared sensor. Before the move, the ice bin was full. After the move, it has stopped making ice. It feels like there is ice in the tray but the maker never goes through a cycle to eject the cubes. Is a copy of the manual & diagnostics still available? Or other ideas. Thanks ki4kk@bellsouth.net

Old 11-14-11, 08:09 PM
D
The "R-92 WP & KA in-door ice systems" manual is now out of date. Does anyone have a version of the ice maker manual that supports more recently manufactured refrigerators? If so, please forward a copy to david.cyr@sympatico.ca Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: