Beaumark Oven won't heat

Old 05-13-07, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Beaumark Oven won't heat

Hey everybody,

I have that old Beaumark oven, and the lowest element in the oven won't heat, only the top one. All my 30amp fuses seem to be ok, the lowest element has been checked too. Somebody told me to check the timer on the board, and it has been set to 0 everywhere. I don't really know what's wrong... Anybody could help me ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-07, 02:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Most oven elements always have 120 going to one side of the element, even when the oven switch is off...so be careful. Then when you operate the oven control, it sends additional power through the other side of the element to create 240.

With your oven actually unplugged or the (40 or 50 amp) oven breaker turned off,...Open up the back of your oven and you will see where the connections are to your element on each side.. With a voltmenter and with the oven turned on, check to see if you have 240. If not, find out which one still has 120. Then let that circuit be and try to trace the dead wire on back. You may come to the oven switch itself. Or, you may simply find a burned wire.

IF it is the oven control switch that went out, often you will see by one of the spade connectors there, this swirly looking discoloration in the plastic where you can tell that heat got to that spot...as in a 'short'. If you see that, you will have to replace your oven control switch.

Edit to add that IF you have a clock timer on your oven,... unless you have the twist-turn-push in knob IN to "manual" (it will most likely have instructions right at that knob on what to do), the element will not work. But usually this will affect both broil and bake elements and since you said that your broil one works, this probably is not the case for you...but check this out anyway.