Sub Zero Icemaker- No Ice

Old 05-16-07, 03:36 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sub Zero Icemaker- No Ice

Hi; I know that this is a current theme here but I have a bit of a problem and a search gave me negative results.
I have a Sub Zero, side by side, Model 561, serial # P652067, refridgerator. The original problem was that ice maker was not receiving any water, a very small trickle at most. The Ice maker will drop ice, if I fill the mold, but it will not auto fill. Recently this IM was making TOO much ice and you couldn't open the draw, now nothing.
So I went to check the water pump solenoid. I pulled back the connectors ( but not totally removed the connection at this segment of time.) I then used a extension cord with some insulated wire stripped about 1/4 inch and touched the connections of the solenoid. The pump functioned softly and gave water. Now here is where I blew it! As I was getting up, the wires touched on the solenoid and sparked. Don't ask how, I did!!!!! Retouched the wires CAREFULLY and it just hummmmmms, and now the solenoid won't work so I assume that I fried its' board and it's off solenoid hunting I go, but did I possibly fry anything else? Also, when I jumped, I knocked the connectors off of the connections!I Now is it white wire on top, or brown, or does it make a difference?
Also any ideas as to what caused the ORIGINAL problem before I did this?

Old 05-18-07, 03:01 PM
B
S-Z icemaker

CHIRP, CHIRP!!!!!!!!!! RIBBIT, RIBBIT!!!!!!!!!!! Any thoughts here?
Here is a small addendum to my original post. I hunted around in the local markets (NY area) and everyone here says there is a 2 week wait for the solenoid, and double the quote on a internet price! Needless to say I orderd from Repairclinic.com with 2 day shipping at 1/2 the quoted prices.

I also feel that it is the valve not working properly, as it appears to be letting some water hit the form ( 1+ days) and I am getting some ice.Even after I fried it!!!!!!!!! So everything else must work, when the H20 hits the form!
Love to hear some input and still , is it white on top or bottom ( can't remember! CRS syndrome)

Old 05-20-07, 01:54 PM
B
Fixed

Well, thanks to the people at Repairclinic.com my ice maker is now operable morning. I took the old one off, took it apart, cleaned it and put it back together ( not much there to do) and it ran but weak stream. It seems that the old I/M solenoid (water valve) wasn't pumping as much water as it should. Was suprised that it worked at all after my original accident when testing it. Called Repairclinic.com and verified with them a replacement part. Ordered it late Thursday afternoon and for the extra 2 dollars had the part on the following Saturday! That was versus a 7-14 day wait, and double the price, at the local stores. None of whom had it in stock and would order it from somewhere ( Hmmmmmmm, repairclinic?). Anyway machine up and running. Thank you, RC.commmmmmmm... and I don't work for them!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: