Whirlpool dishwasher problem

Old 05-21-07, 11:15 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool Whirlpool dishwasher problem

Can someone please help me figure out what the problem is....My wife said the dishwasher smelled like it was getting to hot and it smelled like a wire overheating. It had finished washing a load and was almost done when this happened, and there is still clean water in the bottom almost up to the element, that did'nt get pumped out. The unit will not come on at all. The element looks ok, and don't see anything obvious when just looking inside. I would like to know what would be the first things to check before i start taking things apart. Thanks in advance for any help..... Oren ...............Almost forgot the model number is Whirlpool....Model# DU940QWDB4

Old 05-23-07, 12:22 PM
D
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Is it totally dead?

Not the pro here but since nobody posted yet, here's some troubleshooting information that might help you out:

http://www.applianceaid.com/kadish2.html

Old 05-29-07, 05:55 AM
O
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
OK after removing the panel to gain access to the control panel in the door i found this small switch or whatever it is. It appeared to be burned and was black with smut. On the schematic it looks like it is something to do with the door switch as it is right next to it. It is a little white piece about 1'' square with to prong connectors out the top, and the number on it is 3376359. Anyway i pulled the piece out and twisted the 2 wires together that had gone to it, thus bypassing it. The dishwasher works fine for now ( wife has used it 4 times ). What i need to know is what does this piece do and if without it it is creating a fire hazard. Not sure if you can replace just that or have to replace entire board cause when i tried to remove it, it broke off...Thanks anyone

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: