dishwaher not cleaning

Old 05-27-07, 06:28 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
dishwaher not cleaning

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher. It is no longer cleaning very well. It has optional energy saver wash and dry buttons. We have these turned off. During dry cycle it does heat up. I don't have the manual for this appliance. I don't know if it heats water itself or just uses the hot tap water? We are remodeling our house soon (was supposed to be done but contractor bankrupt!!-in legal battle now) so I have purchased new one but it is not being delivered for another month at earliest. Is there anything I can check on old one that I could potentially fix. How do I know if the wash bar is spinning? Obviously I don't want to spend a lot.

Bill

Old 05-27-07, 07:33 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
found manual online. it does heat water if under certain temp. so I am going to check my water temp and turn it up at water heater to see if that helps. That can eliminate one potential problem. manual says that low water pressure can be cause. I do have low pressure at the kitchen fawcett. The pressure on hot side is low, but cold is fine. hot pressure is fine everywhere else. But I don't see where that could be problem with dishwasher. It just fills and then a valve shuts off the water, correct? Then it has built in pump to circulate water inside dishwasher. So why do they say that poor household water pressure could be cause of poor cleaning? Any ideas on why pressure would be low only on that fawcett and only on hot side? This is not new issue so don't think it is cause of poor dishwasher cleaning, but I woul like to get it fixed.

Bill

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: