Kenmore 70 series

Old 06-01-07, 08:15 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore 70 series

I have a Kenmore heavy duty 70 series model 110 82874110 that is not draining. I have put it through all of the cycles and it will not drain on any of them. It will agitate and spin, however, it wll not drain. Is this an easy fix or is a new washing machine in my future?!
BTW- I am using my husbands login, he said this was the best place to find answers

Old 06-02-07, 12:14 PM
C
My wife posted this last night...I tore into the washer today, and when I removed the pump, I found the remains of a comb jammed down inside. That explains the noise the pump was making!

The pump has some rubber flaps (for lack of the correct terminology), and at least one of them was torn off, plus the plastic that connects the pump to the motor is cracked, so I will be replacing the pump.

Now I have a mystery part. It is a pin of some sort, just under 2" long and about 3/16" thick, with a hole in the tip end. Here's a picture: http://bestviewaround.com/whatsthis.jpg

I found this loose after taking the covers off when I tipped the unit onto its side so that the pump was up (at one point I had the unit nearly upside down, if that might have caused this to come out of something). It was laying on the transmission. I'm not sure if it just fell out of something or what. I can't seem to find anywhere that it might go.

The agitator seems to turn less freely now (pretty much stuck). I'm wondering if this has something to do with that.

Old 06-02-07, 02:58 PM
C
It's working

OK...Got it back together. The old pump still works. I'm going to order a replacement pump ($20 on ebay), but for now, it's working with the old pump.

I figured out what that part was, or, I should say, where it goes. There was another piece just like it just sort of sitting in a plastic cup of sorts that hangs from the frame under the tub. There are some holes in the frame that seem to line up that this piece ought to go through. I'm not sure what ever makes them do that, but it looks like they are supposed to be there for something. I'm just not sure what.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: