Kenmore elite range inop

Old 06-02-07, 08:17 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Kenmore elite range inop

I have a Kenmore elite range dual fuel (electric oven, gas stove top) model 790.79113202 that is about 4 or 5 years old. Has always worked fine until my wife was cleaning the bottom of the oven and lifted the heating element up slightly to get her sponge under it in the back where it goes through the back oven wall. She heard something click or pop and then noticed the panel was dead. I checked the house panel circuit breaker and it was not tripped. So I turned it off and back on and my wife heard the oven click again. So I had her flip the breaker while I watched the oven and noticed that when she turned power back on, the panel displayed PF for just a moment, then I heard the click and the panel was once again dead. Is there a circuit breaker in the oven that's getting tripped? Please don't tell me that the panel is bad and that I'll have to replace it at $$$ just because my wife touched the underside of the element while wiping down the inside of the oven (unless it's true, I just hate to hear it). Any guidance on troubleshooting this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Old 06-02-07, 05:05 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Nevermind

I figured it out. I decided to remove the heating element on the off chance that it got damaged when my wife lifted it. Sure enough, the connector had completely broken off of the element on one side. It looked like it may have already been hanging by a thread anyway for some reason, and my wife moving it was all it took to break it through.

Thanks anyway,
Kevin

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: