GE Quiet Power 1 Dishwasher - removing bottom spinner

Old 06-02-07, 11:25 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Quiet Power 1 Dishwasher - removing bottom spinner

Hi,
I've been reading on this site and I just want to say that its been extremely helpful and informative. Thanks for all your hard work and special thanks in helping those of us that are novices and mechanically challenged!

I have a 5 year old GE dishwasher, model GSD5128F03BB, whose extended warranty (of course!) just expired. The top spinner isn't turning, so the top rack isn't getting clean (the bottom dishes are fine). I managed to get the top spinner out and cleaned it as per instructions on here. I even ran water through and it seems fine.

I can't get the bottom spinner out. I think the whole bottom thingamajig (tower thing and spinner) is all attached. I tried and tried and can't unscrew it. Any suggestions or pics I can look at to give me a clue? Also, I noticed that someone on here said to check if the tower thing that comes up and shoots water into the top may not be aligned with the top spinner. How do I check that?

Thanks so much and sorry for my untechnical wording..

Old 06-03-07, 01:57 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I got it off! Doesn't solve anything though. I cleaned it and it seems fine. Any ideas on what to do next? Top spinner still not turning...Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: