Unanswered question about leaking refrigerator

Old 06-04-07, 08:59 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unanswered question about leaking refrigerator

Couple of months ago a woman posted a question that never was publicly addressed. Her post

"I have a Kenmore Refrigerator that continually leaks water inside the unit. This is a frost free unit, but I continually have to take everything out of the freezer, use a blow dryer to melt the ice built up inside the freezer unit, defrost the drainage tube, and then it works for about a month. Then, again, the drainage tube will freeze up, the defrost water cannot drain, and the water will again drain into the refrigerator unit.

"Do I continue to constantly defrost month after month....or is there a way to fix this problem without replacing it altogether? My solution at the present time is keeping a huge pan inside the unit for the water to drain into, but I don't want to do this forever!"

I have the same recurring problem. Can anyone suggest a way to cure this?

Old 06-05-07, 04:59 PM
Q
continually leaking water inside fridge

could be a malfuntion defrost timer.

Old 06-06-07, 01:08 AM
A
There could be something in your defrost drain tube blocking the water from passing through it. After you get rid of the ice pour water into the drain to see if it's coming out into the pan under the refrigerator. If it's not run a piece of wire through the tube to clean it out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: