Maytag Neptune Water in tub after cycle

Old 06-04-07, 11:52 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag Neptune Water in tub after cycle

Sometimes there is water left in the tub after a cycle. It happens about once in every 10 or so loads. When this happens I notice only a trickle of water coming out of the drain even though the tub is full of water. I replaced the pump, and it still happened so I took it outside and flushed the tub and drain hoses out, and it still is happening.
One time the drain pump was running and no water was coming out (the tub was full of water) so I turned it off and tried siphoning out water, but I could not get anything to come out I turned it back on and still nothing. I turned it off and then blew into the hose, and when I turned it back on water started pumping out. I would like to remove the black flap check valve on the pump, but did not know if that would cause any problems.

Any ideas suggestions? The appliance / parts store said change the motor and board.

Old 06-07-07, 07:44 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I think I finally figured it out. I had taken the drain hose off and cleaned it out by blowing a garden hose thorugh it. It seemed clear, so I put it back together. After completing a few cycles it messed up again. I blew into the drain hose using the air compressor and when it started pumping you could tell there was debris in the pump. I took it apart and found a little plastic piece of a hair clip in the pump. It must of been stuck in the drain line all along.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: