GE Dishwasher Won't Drain / Flood

Old 06-06-07, 04:49 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy GE Dishwasher Won't Drain / Flood

>>>:
Dishwasher wonít drain and water overflows to outside of dishwasher.

>>>:
GE GSD2030Z02WW

>>>:
I started the dishwasher and I heard it fill with water. Soon after, I saw water leaking out the side of the door. When I opened the door, the bin was completely filled with water. Knowing that it was probably some draining problem, I manually turn the cycle knob (slowly) 1 full cycle to see if the draining cycle would kick in. It didnít work and only more water poured out. Here is the caveat though. Prior to 3-4 use of the dishwasher, there was a BURNING smell coming from the small air gaps on the front door. I can usually smell the detergent smell from that area but it was replaced with a burning smell. Everything continued to work fine for 3-4 uses until now.
FYI, I seldom use my dishwasher so chances of wear and tear should be low.

>>>:
I donít think any pipes are clogged. There are no backups in both sinks (disposal and regular). The water flowing into the dishwasher is clean. The air pipe that is connected from the dishwasher to the sink is not spitting out water. I havenít disassembled my dishwasher yet.

>>>:
What do you think is wrong and what part do you think needs to be replaced?

Old 06-06-07, 08:35 PM
S
I checked the Overflow Float. There was no obstruction inside the mechanism. The spring appears to be still fresh. When I pressed on the float stem, I can hear the spring clicking normally (as if you pressed a button) and I can still the springyness of the spring.

I checked the Solenoid. My voltmeter read ~37 Ohms. According to this partselect site ( http://www.partselect.com/dishwasher+check-drain-valve+repair.htm) , my solenoid appears to be in good shape. I didn't see any burnt black marks as well.

I checked the Timer. My voltmeter read ~3400 Ohms. According to this partselect site (http://www.partselect.com/dishwasher+test-timer+repair.htm), my time appears to be in good shape as well. I also didn't see any burnt black marks as well.

Anymore suggestions or help? I deeply appreciate any inputs. =)

Old 06-08-07, 01:18 PM
S
bump again. Someone pls help. Thankyou

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: