Whirlpool Refrigerator isn't cooling

Old 06-10-07, 02:07 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Whirlpool Refrigerator isn't cooling

I moved my old Whirlpool refridgerator (which was working fine) to my garage as I bought a new one for my kitchen. The old one is the model number listed in the subject line above. I hear a click every once in a while as if it is trying to refrigerate, but then it clicks off and doen't cool anything. I am not sure what the problem may be. All of the electrical wires appear to be fine. I have not yet removed any plates from the back of the fridge, but I am not sure I would know what to look for once I do. Any help would be appreciated.

The Model# is ED25DQXXN00

Jeff

Last edited by jeff78; 06-10-07 at 02:08 PM. Reason: added important info
Old 06-11-07, 03:32 PM
D
Whirlpool ref

Sounds like either the relay on compressor is bad, or compressor is locked up.
The relay is located right on the compressor. You have to take the cover off to get to it. It is plugged onto 2 terminals on compressor & has one or two wires going to it. I looked up your model # & found that part is no longer available ( #1101014 ). However, there are universal relays that fit many models & you should be able to find one at a local appliance store. Take the old one with you. Relays aren't very expensive so even if you try a new one & it does the same thing & you find its the compressor, you won't be out alot of money. Dave

Old 06-19-07, 06:46 AM
J
Thank you.

It actually started working fine after I left it plugged in for about 8 hours straight. Someone else suggested leaving it on for several hours to see if it would kick on. I was surprised, but it worked. Thanks for the help, though. It is appreciated.

Old 06-19-07, 07:59 AM
BOA
Make sure the coils are clean.
When I reversed the doors on my fridge it wouldn't start up after having been off. I cleaned the coils (a blanket of fluff came off) and the fridge has worked like new ever since. Just a thought...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: