smooth top electric range/oven question


Old 07-05-07, 07:57 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: new york
Posts: 61
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question smooth top electric range/oven question

Whats the name of the part that heats the oven
the coil like glows when turned on
anyways that part burned out and i want to replace it my self
i have a kenmoore range don't know the serial # off hand but it seems like a simple fix it looks like 2 screws holds that piece i just need to know the name of that part
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-07, 07:10 PM
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 393
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The element at the bottom is called the "Bake Element". The element at the top is the "Broil Element". Is it visibly burnt out or is it just not heating? There are several things that could cause an oven to not heat.

You should disconnect power to the unit before working on it.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes