Frigidaire refridgerator compressor always runs

Old 07-07-07, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire refridgerator compressor always runs

Hiya. I have a few month old Frigidaire fridge that is always running, that is, it is making a loud humming/fan noise like when the compressor turns on. The thing is this fridge has digital temperature control and the freezer is always exactly 0 and the fridge is always 33 degrees. Since the temp is perfect I have to wonder if there is a problem or not. Is this normal?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-07, 07:34 AM
Newer fridges run allot more than older fridges. They are designed to run longer and be more efficent. However, 33 degrees is too cold for the refrigerator. What are your temperature settings? They should be at the factory settings. The fridge should be about 38. They do make some noise, but a loud humming noise is a call for concern. Since it is under warranty, I would have it checked out.

Old 07-08-07, 07:59 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
For what this is worth. I have a Westinghouse refrigeratior that for years and years is -10 in freezer and 33 degrees in refrigerator and have never had to service this refrigerator and because of the cold ref. temp, my milk can stay fresh for 1 whole month. For every degree above this temp, milk seems to exponentially lose it's shelf life. I am willing to pay the extra energy cost to feel like leftovers can more safely be kept for days and days and also the milk stay fresher longer,without having to wonder. As long as you don't start having stuff like lettuce or celery start freezing up on you in the ref.