Vendo Soda Pop Machine

Old 07-19-07, 09:11 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Vendo Soda Pop Machine

I have an old Vendo 63 Soda machine that has recently began making a loud clicking noise as the compressor unit attempts to start. I have enjoyed it for years and now it is not working. The noise occurs about every 10 seconds and appears to be coming from a part on the side of the compressor unit. Is this a relay electrical problem or is the compressor faulty? I want to get it fixed but know nothing about refrigeration, cooling, etc. Can anyone help?

Old 07-20-07, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
You are hearing the overload protector cutting in and out.

The cause of this could be either a faulty relay/overload unit or the compressor itself could be bad.

If you are handy and familiar with electrical the simplest way to check this would be to replace the relay/overload unit.
Otherwise an appliance tech can check this with a start box.

Old 07-20-07, 06:02 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I'll start with that. Where would I start to find a new part? (What type of store?)

Old 07-20-07, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
An appliance parts store that sells parts for all makes may be able to help you.
Even if an exact replacement isn't available there are fits-all parts that may work.
A problem though is the replacement may not fit exactly the same way as the original and you may have to make some wiring changes.
You would need to have the model numbers on the compressor itself. The make and model of the vendor will not help you.

If you have a way of taking some clear close-up digital pics and posting them on a free host like photo bucket we can take a look and maybe be able to ID the compressor.

Keep in mind that the compressor could be gone and replacing the relay is just a way to help diagnose the real problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: