Water collecting in freezer drawer of LG refrigerator

Old 07-20-07, 07:32 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water collecting in freezer drawer of LG refrigerator

Water is somehow collecting in the freezer drawer of my sister's 3-door LG refrigerator. It is a bottom freezer unit about 2 years old. In a week's time, there is about 1/4" of ice in the bottom of the freezer drawer.

Any idea where the water might be coming from? The icemaker has been turned off for weeks, and the ice continues to form. Things in the freezer compartment are nice and frozen. The refrigerator belongs to my sister and is in another city. I can only relay any suggestions that comes up. Thanks for any help.

Old 07-21-07, 10:52 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Water must be running in from above - so on this model what IS above. Not familiar with this but may be able to help based on general appliance know how. Either it most likely still is from icemaker and there is some leak or shut off problem, or from defrost condensate if applicable. But if she "turned off" the icemaker, she then may want to, at least for now, turn off the little valve on the 1/4 inch copper water tube that supplies water to the refrigerator. The valve may be located behind the machine itself or down in the basememt where the little copper line taps into a bigger water line.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: