Kenmore Front Load Washer leaking

Old 07-25-07, 09:08 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Front Load Washer leaking

I am finding water under the washer on the floor.
All of the connections are good.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Old 08-02-07, 07:08 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I didnt see any model number but they will sometimes leak at the door seal if there is a really large load or if it is the 417 model with the boot glued to the front...

Old 08-03-07, 09:15 AM
B
If you find the door seal is not the problem, try having someone place some dry cardboard under the washer. If possible check for wet areas during different cycles to help determine where the water is coming from (Front, front corner, back, etc) and in which cycle.

May help to pinpoint the problem. Note : a pin sized hole or loose fit between connections can spray a fine stream of water to places other than the actual leak. When you find a wet area, and the source is not evident, look up and/or across for any thing might be cracked, loose, or have a small hole.

Old 08-05-07, 06:34 PM
D
found the leak

I removed the front bottom panel and found water dripping from the plastic housing around the tub. Right where one of the screws keeps the plastic housing together. I have tightened the screw but it is still dripping during the spin cycle. This is a front load Kenmore.
Model#-970-c40042-00.

Can I post a picture on this site?

Any help is appreciated.

Old 08-05-07, 07:49 PM
B
No experience with front loaders here, but is this near the seal like has been mentioned? Do you wash tennis shoes in it or any thing that might crack the tub? Sounds like blaster is on to something here. Like many other things, certain washers have inherent weak spots. You may have found the weak spot to yours. Check the seal for any built up of detergent or grime of any kind or dryness and s/or stiffness.

Old 08-06-07, 06:21 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You will need a new tub seal. Many a tech tightens the bolts in hopes to stop the leak. This is a 3 hammer job on a 1-5 scale on repairs. Can be done but will take you some time. You will have to remove the tub assy from the rear and seperate it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: