Amana Washing Machine problem

Old 07-31-07, 05:20 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Amana Washing Machine problem

On any cycle, it will fill up and agitate. But, everytime it goes to spin, it stops and doesn't drain.

We've replaced the timer, the lid switch. Have had a repairmen that wants $450 to replace motor, belt, water pump.......But, there's no noise with the motor and every once in awhile it'll spin and then stops without emptying.

So, does this sound more like a water pump problem? I truly don't believe it's a motor problem.

Thank you!

Old 07-31-07, 05:44 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Have you tried to remove the front panel and get a better listen? If the motor or some solenoid is humming, which could indicate the pump is plugged with something, that would be a free fix if it is, if it were, and you got it unstuck. I have had to unstuck them or get socks, for example, out of them already.

Or a loose belt can cause this if your machine is the type that spins and drains at the same time, as opposed to the type that first has to drain before it spins.

What kind of repairman is this? A factory authorized one? If so, I wonder why he would replace the motor if it is working to agitate? And who replaced the timer and why? Was it for this very issue?, or some other problem in the past?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: