Broan Allure Range Hood light

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-07, 05:23 PM
Broan Allure Range Hood light

My light on my Broan Allure series QS3 range hood will not turn off or switch through the three light stages it has the push button circuit panel switch and im not sure what to change to fix it, any help is appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-07, 08:27 AM
Re: Broan Allure Range Hood light

The exact same behaviour is occuring on our Allure WS3 range hood (pretty much the same as QS3). The fan portion of the range hood still functions correctly.

This behaviour occured after one of the light bulbs shorted out. I'm assuming that the control assembly (Part # R1111653) is at fault; there really aren't many other parts inside the hood that could be responsible, IMO.

Of course, the control assembly is a costly replacement part, costing about Cdn $100.00 + tax. Ouch!

I plan on purchasing a replacement control assembly in the next week (after poking around inside the range hood a bit more), and I'll post the results of replacing this part.

Old 09-10-07, 06:55 AM

Correction to my previous post. The control assembly part # is: R111653 (not R1111653).

BTW, the following is a link to the installation instructions for the Allure QS3 series range hood: http://www.broan.ca/PDF/InstallGuides/628005A.pdf

On page 7 is the list of service parts, and an exploded view of all the parts.

Old 09-13-07, 07:51 PM

I just installed the replacement control assembly and the lights are working properly again.

BTW, the original control assembly part # on my Allure WS3 was R111632, while the service replacement part # is R111653. One key difference between the parts; R111653 contains a 10A line fuse (while the original part did _not_ contain a fuse). I assume the fuse will protect the control assembly from damage in the event the lights short out again.

Old 09-25-07, 06:21 PM
That is exactly what happened to mine I just thought it was coinsidence that the bulb blew when the switch quit working but i replaced the bulb and that one blew also I priced a new control panel for $134 and also talked to tec support at broan and they recommended that the control panel had burnt out, thanks for your help

Old 09-08-08, 02:37 PM
R111632 Broan Mfg Co Hood Control Pnl Kit

I was surfing around and found this when I put the title info into google.. thought I ask to see if there is a place in Toronto, Ontario that sells these. My fan just died today after several weeks warning when I had to repeatedly press the various buttons to get a reaction. The lights portion died 4 years ago and I did the simple fix.. bypassed the control panel put in a toggle switch from CTC total cost 3.75 tax in, not sure if I can scam an easy fix for the fan. So am looking for a discount place to get replacement Control Panel Kit.

Originally Posted by hecubus01 View Post
The exact same behaviour is occuring on our Allure WS3 range hood (pretty much the same as QS3). The fan portion of the range hood still functions correctly.

This behaviour occured after one of the light bulbs shorted out. I'm assuming that the control assembly (Part # R1111653) is at fault; there really aren't many other parts inside the hood that could be responsible, IMO.

Of course, the control assembly is a costly replacement part, costing about Cdn $100.00 + tax. Ouch!

I plan on purchasing a replacement control assembly in the next week (after poking around inside the range hood a bit more), and I'll post the results of replacing this part.

Old 02-28-11, 05:28 PM
Broan Allure Q3 range hood control panel changeout

I have changed out my control board, successfully, after the on/off for the light switch malfunctioned (there was no fuse).

My new control board does not appear to contain a fuse, either. However, upon reassembly, we notice that the ducts at the front edge of the hood blow downward, and I am not sure if this is correct or not. Is the flow of air supposed to downward at the font of the hood, while the air drawn in the rear of the hood through the filters is upward?

thanks

Old 02-28-11, 06:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ductless hoods, which is what it sounds like you have, are not the greatest. Change the filter(s) on a regular basis.
We have a GE ductless/microwave, and the exhaust on it also blows out the front in a downward direction.

Old 02-28-11, 06:45 PM
Broan Allure III - Q3 Range Hood

The Q3 is a ducted hood; not ductless. The front slotted housing for the hood is in addition to the filtered rear housing that goes to the duct.

Old 02-28-11, 07:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
All models offer four-way convertibility 3-1/4 x 10" (horizontal and vertical), 7" round (vertical) and non-ducted.
Okay, you have a ducted setup. The hood can be configured as a ductless. I thought you you said air was coming out of the front louvers but I guess I read too much into it.

Old 06-12-11, 12:09 PM
Broan Range Hood

Once you get to the control board how do you remove the board and control panel?

Old 03-13-12, 12:38 PM
r111653 lights always on

When the filament of the lamp bulb burns up it sends a current surge in the controlling chip and shorts it out.

You might want to replace that chip and everything is back to normal.

Once you have remove the control board from its place 3 screws for the switch board and glue on the sides for the electronic panel. Both items must be remove to be put on the workbench.

In the center of the electronic board you will notice a TO-220 chip and his heat dissipator.

Remove the screw in the center of the heat dissipator, using a soldering iron and a solder puller remove the chip. Be carefull not destroying the copper land on the printed circuit board.

The chip is the L4004F51 it is not made anymore but the replacement is L4004V5.
Order that chip from mouser electronic or other places. Solder this chip in place of the old one.
Pin for pin. You just save a bunch.

rayt

Old 10-28-13, 12:42 PM
Replacement part info RayT

Awesome advice on replacing the component part through Mouser.com. I am going to try it $6 vs $185+ for a control panel is worth trying!

Old 01-03-14, 08:10 PM
success!

I had a different chip at the heatsink (a littlefuse q6015lt quadrac) but I was able to order free samples from littlefuse put a new one in and things are now working.

Either that or I didn't have the bulbs screwed in all the way. But anyway I replaced the chip in accordance with rayt26's instructions and it now works.

Last edited by meatwad666; 01-03-14 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-21-14, 10:51 AM
Hood light and fan wont work

Hi,
I seem to have the same problem except the light and fan switches most of the time will not work unless you push the buttons often or in different sequence. Like turn the light on then push the fan button or a different fan button speed.

Could this be the same chip?

Thanks,

Old 12-13-14, 12:28 AM
Re: Allure QS330WW Control Unit

I have the same problem with my Broan Allure range hood, i.e., the fan switches work but the light switches do not. This problem appeared immediately after one of the bulbs stopped working. I have a new control unit on order. In the meantime, I was looking at some installation instructions available from ********* and they state that the fan blade and a bunch of other items must be removed first. Is this correct? From looking at the parts diagram, I'm thinking that there should be an easier way. Can I just pull down the light socket panel, remove the name plate, and unplug and replace the control unit?

Thanks.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 12-21-14 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Link removed
Old 12-20-14, 01:34 PM
How do I Remove The Circuit Board from the Range Hood?

I'm having the same problem as many on this thread. The fan works, but the lights do not. Like others, it started when a bulb burned out.

My first attempt at repair will be to replace the component on the circuit board (the one with a heat sink). In my unit, it is a Q6015LT. The price is $2.80 at ********. It looks like a very easy job for someone with even a little experience with soldering electronic components. I plan to order a spare or two, assuming this will happen again in the future.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to get the circuit board out of the range hood. There is a ribbon cable that runs to the switches, and it appears that there is no connector to separate it.

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited by Shadeladie; 12-21-14 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Email not allowed. Link removed.
Old 12-20-14, 02:12 PM
My daughter figured it out. There were two or three very small screws holding the switch circuit board in place. I have the pair of circuit boards out now and will order the Q6015LT (triac) ASAP.

The traic looks like it is riveted though the heat sink, to the circuit board. We will probably just drill the rivet out and use a small screw and nut to mechanically attach the new triac before soldering it. (Note: It looks like any of the components on the circuit board would be easy to replace if needed)

To JimiJames: We did not remove the fan assembly or remove the push buttons on the front. We only pulled out the items that were in the way while removing the two circuit boards. The light panel assembly (big sheet metal section with the light sockets) was easy to remove. Just a few screws and separated the connector for the two wires.

I'm adding a few key words here to help people google this thread:

Manufacturer: Broan-NuTone LLC
Model: Allure
Control Board part number: S2-V2
Vent Hood Series: QS2
Purchased from Lowes

Last edited by reboles; 12-20-14 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-20-14, 05:30 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums and thanks for the additional information.

We don't usually leave a thread open this long for reply but it's been very active. It has come to the end of it's open life but it will remain in our archives where it can always be searched for and found.

For any new questions on the subject... open a new thread and reference this one.

Closed Thread