GE Washing machine Help wont spin!!!

Old 09-24-07, 01:53 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation GE Washing machine Help wont spin!!!

Brand: General Electric
Model Number: WPSQ3120TAWW

I have a GE Profile washer that is more than 5 years old. A couple of months ago during the spin cycle it became very load and noisy. It would spin fine but now it wont spin at all, agitates fine and drains fine. You can hear like a click noise when it should spin but nothing happens. Please help. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-07, 04:16 PM
E
check the lid switch?

you can bypass it if you dont have anything to test with

Old 09-24-07, 04:35 PM
D
Nope that's not it

Old 09-24-07, 09:11 PM
G
Can you hear the motor try to run (humming)? Then you hear a click and the humming stops? It may be difficult to hear as the drain pump is running. The front panel easily comes off and you can disconnect the wires to the drain pump to verify this condition.

Old 09-25-07, 12:26 PM
D
I have the front panel off and I can hear the motor run fine. It will fill, agitate and drain but will not spin. I checked the belt it seams to be fine, I did remove a bunch of lint and hair. I pulled the agitator off and found nothing their. I do hear the humming of the motor. Whats next?

Old 09-25-07, 07:52 PM
G
Spin the belt manually by hand. One direction it should agitate and the other direction it should spin. You will probably need someone there with you to see what is happening inside the tub. That would verify the transmission is doing what it is supposed to.

Can you tell if the motor is actually running when it is supposed to be spinning? If so, it could be a bad clutch. If the motor is stalled and won't start, it could be a bad motor.

Another thing that comes to mind is to make sure there is nothing between the inner and outer tub. That could prevent it from spinning also.

Old 09-26-07, 09:16 AM
D
I had one of my son's friends look at it last night. My gut feeling was that it was the clutch; because of everything it would and would not due. He checked everything out and we both determined it was the clutch. I am going to order one today. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Old 09-28-07, 06:36 PM
D
My washing machine has a new clutch and spins like a charm.